Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I love stupid comedies





I guarantee, I walked out of every single one of these movies happier than I ever have been as an adult.

The Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
stub is from the Merrit Square Mall "North" theatre on Merrit Island, FL. When visiting my grandparents there, going to this movie theatre was one of the only ways to keep from turning inside out as a result of sustained boredom. I look back on this with a wince of regret because adult me wishes I had spent more time talking with my grandfather before he passed away. But ten year old me lacked this perspective and, really, any emotional maturity, therefore spending an hour and a half with time traveling idiots who give Death a wedgie seemed far more appealing than spending even five minutes with my family. Ah, who am I kidding... put in the same situation today, I would still probably go see Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. I'm not that much more mature, and any mortality-linked perspectives will still lose out to my desire for cheap laughs and a projected movie show.

Understand, I was really into Bill & Ted. I ate their breakfast cereal, and used the cassette tape case that came with it to carry around my Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey soundtrack cassette (in 1991 it was probably sharing that 3-cassette space with the Ghostbuster's II and Back to the Future III soundtracks...)

1 comment:

  1. I went from not kowing that tape case existed to having my entire life dependant on me owning one in about 2 seconds. Thanks, Laird.

    ReplyDelete